Oct 22, 2021
EDSP 6800 - Practicum in Moderate-Intensive Educational Needs
Practical, field-based, learning experience involving assessment, planning and teaching under the direction of a cooperating teachers and university supervisor. Complete a minimum of 30 hours of field work per college credit hour in an approved special education placement for learners with moderate to intensive educational needs.
Requisites: Permission required
Credit Hours: 2 - 6
Repeat/Retake Information: May be repeated for a maximum of 6.0 hours.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 0.5 seminar
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,CR,PR,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Collaborate with other professionals, related service providers, para-professionals, families; use community resources.
- Create appropriate learning environments and social interactions.
- Demonstrate and use instructional strategies appropriate to learner needs.
- Demonstrate skills to use language/communication.
- Demonstrate/use appropriate/modified assessment/data collection techniques to determine learning needs across various learning domains.
- Develop instructional plans/deliver instruction appropriate to individuals.
- Engage in professional and ethical practices.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)