Oct 23, 2021
EDSP 5790 - Methods and Materials for Learners with Mild-Moderate Educational Needs
Methods of identifying children’s academic and behavioral problems, and implementing effective, culturally appropriate remedial procedures. Detailed study of instruction in content areas including the development of goals, objectives, and lessons for individuals with mild to moderate learning needs (including learning disabilities, mild mental retardation, and behavior disorders). The course will attend to the Special Education Program¿s focus at Ohio University which centers on the delivery of quality services within limited resource environments.
Requisites: EDSP 5700
Credit Hours: 3
Repeat/Retake Information: May not be retaken.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,CR,PR,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Demonstrate and use appropriate and modified assessment/data collection techniques tied to individual¿s needs in various domains
- Demonstrate and use instructional strategies appropriate to learner¿s needs
- Demonstrate collaboration with other professionals, related service providers, para-professionals, families, and use community resources
- Demonstrate skills to promote and use language and communication
- Demonstrate skills to promote appropriate learning environments and social interactions
- Develop instructional plans and deliver instruction appropriate to individual needs
- Engage in professional and ethical practices
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)