Sep 25, 2021
EDCE 7330 - Counseling Assessment of Children and Adolescents
The purpose is to acquaint the student with assessment and diagnosis with children, clinical decision making, developmental psychopathology, measurement and psychometrics, social values, ethics, and cultural and linguistic issues. Students will learn the components of the process of multidimensional behavioral assessment and will be exposed to a variety of assessment instruments commonly used in the clinical assessment of children.
Requisites: EDCE 6200 and 6310
Credit Hours: 4
Repeat/Retake Information: May not be retaken.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,CR,PR,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Students will gain an understanding of the parameters that research and clinical practice have identified as important for particular classes of problems.
- Students will gain increased understanding of individualized assessment.
- Students will gain knowledge pertaining to specific childhood disorders.
- Students will understand the importance of cultural and linguistic issues is the assessment of ethnic and linguistic minority children and adolescents.
- Students will understand the importance of situational influences.
- Students will understand the need to formulate assessment information in a way that is meaningful for clinical decision making about individual children and their families.
- Students will understand the utilization of multimethod assessment strategies.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)