Sep 25, 2021
COED 6115 - Foundations of Coaching II
Synthesizes material covering the numerous responsibilities of coaching athletes at the youth, interscholastic and intercollegiate levels. Content will focus on Domain 5 (Teaching and Communication) and Domain 6 (Sport Skills and Tactics) of the National Standards for Sport Coaches (NSSC).
Credit Hours: 3
Repeat/Retake Information: May not be retaken.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,PR,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
- Create appropriate performance goals that are realistic and appropriate for athletes at various levels of ability.
- Demonstrate a positive learning environment that is appropriate to the characteristics of the athletes and goals of the program.
- Demonstrate ability to utilize a variety of instructional strategies designed to enhance athlete performance.
- Demonstrate knowledge of technical skills, skill combinations and their appropriateness to the athletes being coached.
- Develop appropriate daily, seasonal and annual practice plans designed to enhance athlete performance.
- Identify, develop and apply competitive strategies and tactics appropriate for age and skill level.
- Use effective communication skills to enhance individual and group (team) learning.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)