Jul 24, 2021
PSC 1051 - Color, Light, and Sound
Designed for nonscience majors. Physical nature of light and sound including transmission, absorption, reflection, interference, and resonance. Applications include analysis of musical instruments, acoustics, optical systems, perception of color and sound.
Requisites: WARNING: not PSC 1050
Credit Hours: 4
General Education Code: 2NS
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture, 2.0 laboratory
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
Course Transferability: OTM Course: TMNS Natural Sciences
College Credit Plus: Level 1
- Develop quantitative mathematical skills and critical thinking in terms of mathematical relationships between physical properties.
- Understand how to analyze, evaluate and test a scientific hypothesis in the laboratory.
- Understand how to create charts and graphs of measured data that describe the relationships between physical properties.
- Use error analysis in the evaluation of a laboratory experiment.
- Use mathematical and critical thinking skills in a laboratory environment to measure the relationships between physical properties.
- Write a report on a laboratory experiment.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)