Jun 06, 2023
HUM 2070 - Humanities : Great Books Ancient through Renaissance
Classics of various genres of Greek, Roman, Biblical through Medieval and Renaissance periods, leading toward understanding of Western cultural heritage. Guidance in close textual reading, historical context, critical thinking, discussion, and writing about those works.
Requisites: ENG 1510 or 1610 or 151A or 152 or 153 or 153A or 153B
Credit Hours: 3
General Education Code: 2HL
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
Course Transferability: OTM Course: TMAH Arts & Humanities
College Credit Plus: Level 1
- Ability to comprehend the broad overview and development of literature from early classical roots through the early 17th century.
- Ability to recognize historical stylistic differences.
- Ability to recognize use of literary elements and their metamorphosis.
- Ability to identify literary genres/forms and their development historically.
- Broad understanding of historical and literary contexts, genres and styles and ability to articulate about them orally and in writing.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)