Jun 25, 2021
ENG 1510 - Writing and Rhetoric I
Practice in composing and revising expository essays that are well organized, logically coherent, and effective for their purpose and audience. Topics from personal experience, nonfiction reading, and research material.
Requisites: ENG 150 or ENGD150 or 1510 placement; not ENG D160 or ENG 1610 placement
Credit Hours: 3
General Education Code: 1E
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
Course Transferability: OTM Course: TME001 First Writing Course
College Credit Plus: Level 1
- Approach writing as a recursive process.
- Search a variety of academic databases using effective strategies.
- Show ability to quote, paraphrase, summarize, analyze, synthesize, and critique.
- Understand and use rhetorical concepts (ethos, logos, pathos, kairos) to analyze texts.
- Write for specific audiences, purposes, and situations.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)