Dec 08, 2023
BIOL 1010 - Principles of Biology
Designed for nonscience majors. Principles of cell biology, physiology, ecology, genetics, and evolution. No credit for 1010 if already have credit for BIOS 1700 or PBIO 1140. 3 lec 2 lab.
Requisites: Non-science majors and WARNING: no credit for this course if taken after BIOS 1700 or PBIO 1140
Credit Hours: 4
General Education Code: 2NS
Repeat/Retake Information: May be retaken two times excluding withdrawals, but only last course taken counts.
Lecture/Lab Hours: 3.0 lecture, 2.0 laboratory
Grades: Eligible Grades: A-F,WP,WF,WN,FN,AU,I
Course Transferability: OTM Course: TMNS Natural Sciences
College Credit Plus: Level 1
- Ability to connect biological knowledge to society issues.
- Appreciation of biological diversity.
- Basic insights into ecology issues.
- Knowledge of basics in genetics, molecular/cellular biology, and metabolic pathways.
- Understanding of principles of evolution and phylogeny.
- Understanding of scientific and biological thinking and method.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)